EDAC-ATAC is a Canadian organization of professionals in the field of eating disorders and related areas. The mandate of EDAC-ATAC is to best serve the needs of those whose lives are impacted by eating disorders.
The specific objectives of EDAC-ATAC are:
- To educate each other regarding best practices.
- To encourage sharing of information amongst EDAC-ATAC members about all issues of eating disorders care.
- To promote a reflective and responsive approach in the provision of care and amongst providers
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS!
EDAC-ATAC’s Elections Committee, comprised of Lea Thaler, Josie Geller and Eric Vickar, is soliciting nominations for the positions of (1) President-Elect, and (1) Director-At-Large. Both positions are for 3-year terms.
(1) President-Elect (3-year term – Y1: President-Elect, Y2: President, Y3: Past-President)
- Acts as Chair of the Board of Directors and Chair of meetings of the Board, which is responsible for the assets, funds and property of the Association, the governance of the affairs of the Association and all efforts to pursue its objectives.
- Acts as Chair of the Elections Committee.
- Acts as Chair of the Annual Meeting and shall provide a report concerning the activities to the Association.
(1) Director-At-Large (3-year term)
- Member of the Board of Directors, which is responsible for the assets, funds and property of the Association, the governance of the affairs of the Association and all efforts to pursue its objectives.
The deadline for submitting nominations for these positions is November 7, 2021, 11:59 pm EST. Applicants must be EDAC-ATAC members in good standing. Please send nominations, including CV, to the EDAC-ATAC Elections Committee via [email protected], with subject line “Nomination for 2021 Elections”.
We are still hopeful to be able to host an in-person conference in April 2022 in Montreal. However, we are continuously monitoring the ever-evolving situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to update members regarding any changes to the conference that may arise.