Want to join EDAC-ATAC?
Register and submit payment here
What is EDAC-ATAC?
EDAC-ATAC is a Canadian organization of professionals in the field of eating disorders and related areas, dedicated to serving the needs of those whose lives are impacted by eating disorders. Our national community is small, our geography huge. Membership to our growing organization provides numerous opportunities for communication and collaboration across our country.
The EDAC-ATAC Board of Directors would like to welcome new members and to thank renewing members for their support of EDAC-ATAC , each and every year. We encourage those involved in the care and research of eating disorders to stand up and be counted amongst peers from across Canada in strengthening this new and first ever Canadian association of eating disorder professionals.
EDAC-ATAC has completed its 12th year since incorporating in 2008. Joining EDAC-ATAC provides opportunities to connect with clinicians who share your interests and allows you to be a part of a growing organization dedicated to improving care for individuals with eating disorders across Canada.
Membership dues will help support the Board of Directors in working together to establish the groundwork for what we hope will be a vibrant and scholarly association. Our national community is small, our geography huge. EDAC-ATAC needs your help and hopes that you will also consider volunteering some time to help us develop. Let’s join together to make this happen!
EDAC-ATAC is registered as a not for profit organization in the Province of Ontario. Memberships are available for one and two calendar years, and run January-December.
Why join EDAC-ATAC?
EDAC-ATAC accomplishments in 2019:
- The EDAC-ATAC Sections each met several times during the year:
- Occupational Therapy
- Intensive Group Treatment
- Family Based Therapy
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy
- Psychotherapists in Private Practice
- Research and Evaluation (new in 2019)
- In November, the Canadian Eating Disorder Alliance (CEDA), a coalition of EDAC, NIED (National Initiative for Eating Disorders), NEDIC (National Eating Disorders Information Centre) and EDFC (Eating Disorders Foundation of Canada), released the Eating Disorders Strategy of Canada
What’s ahead in 2020:
- EDAC-ATAC’s 7th biennial conference, November 5-6, 2020, at the Hotel Omni in Montreal. Keynotes and plenaries have been booked. Watch your inbox and our website for more information
- Key readings/resources from each of our sections will be made available to our EDAC membership on our website
- Launching the new EDAC-ATAC website with Venue West
Don’t miss out on what EDAC-ATAC has to offer!
- Access to bi-monthly webinars by experts in the field
- Receive EDAC-ATAC News and Views newsletter
- Enhanced opportunities to network with Canadian providers within our field
- The opportunity to join and participate in EDAC-ATAC section activities
- Receive PowerPoint presentations and video links from our previous EDAC-ATAC Conferences
- News and updates regarding Canadian Eating Disorders publications and research and the National Strategic Initiative
- Reduced rate for Student and AED membership